Cleaning and caring:
Day to day cleaning: Wipe with a clean and dry cloth or a cloth hard-wrung in pure water.
Deep cleaning: Wipe dirty surfaces with a cloth hard-wrung in soap water (see recipe further down)
Day to day cleaning: Vacuum regularly. Non greasy stains are removed by gently rubbing a lint free cloth wrung in soap water. Afterwards rub the surface with a clean soft cloth hard-wrung in lukewarm water.
Stain cleaning: Stain removers should only be used on the main surface after testing on a less visible place. Avoid blotches by using a gentle circular rub towards the stain. Never use solvents as these might dissolve underlying padding.
Give your leather a long and happy life
Leather is a natural material. Like most natural materials, it does need some care and looking after to ensure its long-lasting appeal year after year, generation after generation.
A few simple tips will help preserve the leather’s natural beauty and will make the leather look even more luscious over time.
- Avoid placing the leather in direct sunlight or extreme heat
- Clean using the foam from soap flakes for housecleaning
- Avoid soaking the leather or any contact with sharp objects
- To absorb any spills, use a clean, dry cloth immediately
- To dust, use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush regularly
- NEVER use detergents, ammonia, oils, polish, varnish, etc.
Clean using soap flakes
Use a 1/2 decilitre of soap flakes to a litre of water. Whip the soap flakes into hot water
When the water becomes room temperature, the foam must be applied all over the leather with a soft cloth. Only use the foam and avoid soaking the leather
- When the leather is dry, polish it with a soft, dry cotton cloth
- Always follow the instructions that come with the furniture
- Remember to tighten screws and bolts regularly
- To keep the original colour of the furniture, it should avoid direct sun as much as possible
- We recommend not to partly cover the surfaces as this can cause color differences on them
- Never place furniture right up against radiators or other heating devices
- Always start with the most gentle cleaning product
- Never use sanding products like scouring powder, metal polishes or cleaners that contain salmiac
- Indoor Furniture should never be used outside
- Sweat can affect surfaces like wood and leather. Some types of medicine can change the composition of sweat so that it affects more
- If you experience any issue with your furniture you are always welcome to seek guidance at TAKT's customer service